Jung: Individuation, the Persona, the Shadow, and the Self

. . . Terrestrial or Otherwise
Daniel V.
Admin

Jung: Individuation, the Persona, the Shadow, and the Self

Post by Daniel V. »

Of course, for some this video will be a mini-refresher of sorts. Watching it I regarded it in the context of my own decades of experience. If I compare it to a quote from Hubert Benoit's The Supreme Doctrine:

"The penetrating thought of Zen cuts through all our phenomena without stopping to consider their particularities. It knows that in reality nothing is wrong with us and that we suffer because we do not understand that everything works perfectly, because in consequence we believe falsely that all is not well and that it is necessary to put something right."

Then the premise (engagement of existence) seems a toss-up between there is something wrong, and there is nothing wrong. Thus, as a sort of psychological compromise I wonder if it's my choice as to which will have the better value in my existential negotiations. In other words, is determinism and indeterminism a personal choice and whichever one chosen becomes the operational reality? Is free will so extensive that I can choose to believe I possess it or not

Hmm, I think I better get another cup of coffee. . .

Daniel V.