The Ghost In Your Genes

Daniel V.
Admin

The Ghost In Your Genes

Post by Daniel V. »

I saw this when it was first shown a few years ago. While viewing it and afterward I thought about the, 'afterlife'. Maybe this was the afterlife, not some mystical, ephemeral transition but more a tower of genetic information rising higher and higher culminating into whoever happens to be the 'scout' into the unknown at the present. Then, when the current scout can rise no further, a new scout rises to continue the exploration.

I wondered how far back it goes. Am I the result of what my recent grandmother thought about life, or the result of many grandmothers and grandfathers extending into the distant past and perhaps unto time immemorial?

Are my dreams more memory than clairvoyance? Is my 'identity' merely a notion to help 'me' make it through the day?

And of course, one of the biggest questions: Do I ever break free from this tango of inheritance and emerge to dance to, 'my own music'?

And if so, what are the prospects for the solitary dancer? Absolute oblivion, or divine independence? I guess time and space, and my sense of meta-existential rhythm, will tell.

Daniel V.

The Ghost In Your Genes